- Finish with Kuder Career Prep Assessment
- Watch “2 Million Minutes” – take notes!
1. Kuder online Career Assessment
We will take the Skills Assessment and then the Career Search with Person Match.
Compare the results of the short questionnaires with the career path that you are interested in pursuing.
- Log into the Z drive
- Open a blank word document
- Save the file as: lastname Period_Fall Semester Test_movie poster
- (For the second file – save it as lastname period_Fall semester test_letter
- You have the class period (no longer than that) to complete the test. Please put a copy of your files in your class drop folder in the Z drive before you leave.
- Please wait for me to hand out the test.
The missing key has been located and should be returned to me by Wednesday.
A key is missing from a keyboard in my classroom at computer #11. I need whoever managed to remove it to return it to me today, otherwise all students will be responsible for buying a new keyboard for my classroom.
- Warm up
- Finish up your resume (your objective, job descriptions and anything else that you have not yet completed). It needs to be DROPPED IN THE DROP FOLDER BEFORE CLASS ENDS TODAY!
- Review for tomorrow’s test.
- Warm up
- Open up your resume and continue to enter in your information in the correct format.
- Today we will also discuss how to write an objective.
- THE RESUME IS DUE TUESDAY AT THE END OF CLASS!
- DON’T FORGET YOU HAVE A TEST ON WEDNESDAY.
- Typing Test
- Discuss professional vs. nonprofessional and educated vs. non educated jobs
- Discuss where to find job postings…
- Continue working on your resume
- Homework: Find 3 people who will be references for you (you must ask them first)
You need their names, company name, address, phone number and email